Communications, Computing, and Power during Disaster Response
Date: Sep 9, 2022
MOVE Community Outreach, an IEEE-USA Initiative, is an emergency relief program committed to assisting victims of natural disasters with short-term communications, computer, and power solutions. Services include phone charging, internet & communications support, and lighting to disaster victims. MOVE also offers educational outreach.
In conjunction with the presence of the MOVE truck at the IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC), this is a panel discussion among representatives from organizations involved with emergency response and disaster recovery. The focus is on communications, computing, and power, but expanded from there. After a brief description of the MOVE truck, the emphasis is on stories about what works and lessons learned.
- see link above for photos and biographical paragraphs for moderator and panelists.
- this video from Zoom contains
- first few minutes: introduction about the Consultants’ Network of Silicon Valley (CNSV)
- speaker presentations starting at about 4 minutes
- panel discussion starting at about 59 minutes
- use link below to access video
This event was organized by the Consultants‘ Network of Silicon Valley (CNSV) as part of its sponsorship of the GHTC, which was held September 8-11, 2022 at Santa Clara University.